.

.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock gameplay

High Moon Studios has released a gameplay trailer (with commentary) featuring the leader of the Dinobots, Grimlock. When I first heard they planned to include the Dinobots in Fall of Cybertron, I was a bit skeptical, considering that neither the Autobots nor the Decepticons had traveled to Earth yet. But in all fairness, Trypticon was essentially a giant robot dinosaur too, and there wasn't much of an explanation for that.

It seems Grimlock's combat is almost exclusively close-quarters, as he wields sword and shield and stomps around in dinosaur mode. This should prove an interesting break from the gun-based combat. It seems like High Moon wants to make the experience with Fall of Cybertron a more dynamic one than with its predecessor, as we have already seen Jazz utilizing a grappling hook to reach higher areas and Bruticus smashing everything to pieces while simultaneously allowing the smaller bots that make up his body to branch off and access separate areas.



I love the aesthetic direction High Moon chose for Grimlock - it reminds me a lot of his rendering from the classics toy line. I find it interesting that Swoop's voice sounds no normal when he speaks to Grimlock at the end of the trailer. I kind of like it though - I think I would go nuts if I had to listen to "Me Swoop think..." over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...