.

.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Pokémon White journal - entry five


With the last few trainers on the routes leading up Opelucid City, it certainly did not take long for Litwick and Elgyem to evolve. Lampent is growing on me by the minute. I just wish his HP wasn't such garbage. Beheeyem, on the other hand... well, to be honest, I'm not really certain if I like him as a psychic type entirely. That's primarily due to the fact that the vast majority of trainers and wild types along Victory Road have barred me from testing out his moves and stats.

I would like to take a moment to pose a question to Nintendo and Game Freak: In what universe is your dragon-themed gym the easiest of the bunch? Apparently in the Unova region that is totally acceptable. I honestly found the trainers that I battled in the gym put up more of a challenge than Iris. At least when facing them I was forced to change Pokémon a few times. With Iris, all I had to do was set Vanillish up as my main Pokémon and her team was down for the count in no time flat. I came into Opelucid City expecting a gym battle on part with Heart Gold/Soul Silver's Claire and left sorely disappointed.

On the bright side, Victory Road presented a more substantial challenge. It wasn't downright grueling and the wild types in abundance did force me to stick with a few key Pokémon throughout the course of my ascent (thank goodness for experience share). I eventually made my way to the epic location of Unova's Elite Four. And while I did manage to take down all of Shauntal's Pokémon, I did not make it past Caitlin's psychic team. And you know what? That's totally fine by me. I'd rather get my butt handed to me once or twice knowing that it's going to give me a better chance in the long run than simply float through the motions.

As I've mentioned before, I do feel like White version is really good at keeping things moving along at a noticeably faster pace than Soul Silver. It's just that this second half of the game has really been dropping the ball with regards to the challenge factor.

If nothing else, I hope there is one thing that you get out of this most recent Pokémon White journal post. And that is that the Elite Four battle theme for Black and White version is downright awesome. Just give it a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...