.

.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pokémon Soul Silver journal - entry five


I pretty much hate Clair. There, I said it. It's not so much the battle against said gym leader that annoyed me (it was challenging, but not terribly difficult). It's the fact that she's a conceited brat and thinks that there is no way I could have possibly beat her. So what does she do? She sends me on a silly little trip into the Dragon's Den to talk with some monks who quiz you on the ethics of raising Pokémon. It was all easy enough, but she so childish about it all. I must admit though, the layout of her gym was really cool.

After that song and dance wrapped up, I got my butt handed to me by the Kimono Girls. Unfortunately for them, my party wasn't entirely defeated until I was on Jolteon, the fourth of their Eevee evolutions team. With the order of the Eevee evolutions all figured out, my only trouble the second time around was finding an open moment to heal my Pokémon.

From there, I headed to the Whirl Islands where I encountered Lugia, at the instructions of the Kimono Girls. The moments leading up to his appearance were admittedly pretty darn cool. The fight was considerably easier than it was when I tried it on the GBA years ago, though I imagine it helped that my present team is much more practical than the one I used back then. I relied primarily on Magneton and Gyarados (the latter because of his defense and Ice Fang). A few Ultra Balls later and Lugia was a member of my party. I have a feeling that I will get a fair amount of use out of him, considering the move set he currently has. Next stop, Kanto!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...