.

.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Anime update: The Dollars

I mentioned back in April that my anime lineup for this summer was going to be rather free-form in comparison to the video games I planned to play and review. And that has certainly proven true thus far. Cowboy Bebop was a relatively quick watch and a fun one at that, while Durarara!! was a sort of spur-of-the-moment choice that has proven thoroughly entertaining thus far. I only have six episodes of Durarara!! left to watch, so I will certainly have that series reviewed before the end of the month. Also, I watched Redline this afternoon, and should have my review for that posted sometime this weekend.

I stated in my summer anime forecast that I had plans to continue viewing Victory Gundam. This still holds true, though it may be pushed back to Autumn in favor of my completing Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. At the very latest, I hope to have FMA: Brotherhood completed and reviewed before the end of August. Sometime shortly thereafter, I will review Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos.

There are still a few series/films floating in the mix, including the Iron Man anime and Tekkon Kinkreet. Also, despite my early impressions that I would probably drop Deadman Wonderland, I will continue to support Toonami by viewing both it and Casshern Sins in their entirety. I love Casshern Sins, and even though Deadman Wonderland isn't quite my cup of tea, I think it is good for me to broaden my horizons a bit.

I recently saw a trailer for Funimation's re-release of Serial Experiments Lain and it looks wicked awesome - trippy as anything, but a very interesting concept. I got the same sort of vibe from it that I got the first time I watch Neon Genesis Evangelion. I know not everyone is a fan of anime that messes with your head, but I am. So I will certainly be looking into that one some more, and possibly buying the DVDs when they release. Ghost Hound looked interesting - I'll have to check out a few episodes to test those waters. Also, my purchasing season three of Sgt. Frog is merely a matter of time. I do love that show - easily one of the funniest series I've ever watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...