.

.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Anime Update #1: Equivalent Exchange

I decided to take a break from watching Gundam series for a little bit. As much as I love the franchise, I'm afraid that I might get sick of it if I watch too much of it at once, and I just recently finished both MS IGLOO: The Hidden One Year War and Gundam SEED. The next Gundam series I'm going to tackle is Zeta Gundam. So far I've watched fifteen episodes and what I've seen so far I absolutely love. I'm probably just going to go ahead and buy the dvds soon (even though I just dropped a hefty sum of money on three master-grade Gundam model kits).

But enough of Gundam-related talk. I went ahead and purchased the first season of Full Metal Alchemist (like I've said in previous posts, I'm behind with the times in regards to anime). I'm about ten episodes in and it's simply fantastic. After the first four episodes I was afraid the story would slow down simply because of how much was covered in the beginning of the series. Thankfully, this was not the case and the series keeps surprising me with enchanting characters and brilliant storytelling. For the sake of not wanting to rush through the series, I may wait a bit before purchasing season two, though.

As for other anime I want to watch in the coming Summer months, I'm trying to keep a list, though it changes periodically. At the top are Mushishi and the second season of Spice and Wolf. I've heard great things about Death Note, and I'll likely look into that after I finish Zeta Gundam. Funimation has released free episodes of some of their licensed material on YouTube, and I watched the first twenty episodes of Axis Powers Hetalia. It's a great comedy series for those who enjoy very politically incorrect humor (but it certainly won't be everyone's cup of tea).

I'll have some more anime reviews posted soon. I watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time about a week ago and was very impressed, and I also finished the first season of Sgt. Frog, which is a hillarious trek through a plethora of anime parodies and pop-culture references. I also completed Blue Sub No. 6 quite some time back and have been meaning to write up a review for that. Depending on the weather this weekend, I may write up and post some of those reviews before Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...