.

.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Bioshock Infinite delayed

Yesterday, Irrational Games announced a new release date for Bioshock Infinite. While the game was originally slated to be released on October 16th of this year, it has been pushed back to February 26th of 2013. Irrational Games explained that they want to make the game as good as they possibly can before releasing it, which may be a hint to some new content being worked into the final product. I realize there is a certain method to the madness of delaying games and scheduling release dates, but I have mixed feelings at the moment. On the one hand, I have been looking forward to this game since the first teaser trailer was released. It was one of the big games alongside Resident Evil 6 and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron that I was most looking forward to, and late February seems like a really long ways away. On the other hand, I prefer my games to be complete and perfected to the best of the developer's abilities before they ship. I think Irrational Games knows just how important that last factor is, considering how much time and effort they put into crafting the first two Bioshock games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...