.

.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Turn A Gundam US release

It seems this was announced back in early July of this year, but apparently the news snuck past me. Bandai has announced a US release of Turn A Gundam, which is fantastic news as far as I'm concerned. Turn A Gundam is by far my favorite alternate universe Gundam series to date and I can't wait to have my very own copy of the DVD release. There has been no news as of yet on the English dub voice actors. I imagine that Bandai will release the series in two parts via their Anime Legends collections, as the case will also be with the upcoming 2011 release of Mobile Suit Gundam. Bandai has released series such as Zeta Gundam, Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny, and Gundam 00 on seperate discs containing approximately four to eight episodes at a time and then later going back to re-release the series in the Anime Legends collections, but I imagine that, with Turn A Gundam being a now 10+ year-old series that Bandai will release it in as few seperate collections for the sake of convenience for Gundam fans who have been waiting a long time for Turn A Gundam's US release. To be honest, I never expected Turn A Gundam to see a stateside release, but this gives me new hope that After War Gundam X and ZZ Gundam might someday also see US release.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...